Monday, January 31, 2011

Giving|Kindness




















Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me.' “ - Matthew 25:41-45

As far back as I can remember I was told to share. I was taught that whenever I saw an unfortunate person, down on their luck, I should give to them generously! I never truly questioned why and I simply believed that it was just the way things worked. As I have grown and have met new, different peoples I see that very few individuals believe in this universally invaluable practice. Even worse still, those that do give to others do so with a bitter heart!

As I know many others do not yet share my view of a universal “God Puzzle”, they would not recognize themselves in the faces of those they refuse or resent. They would not see God staring them in the face asking for mere scrapings. Allow me now to share with you my view of giving, of kindness and of love for ones fellow man and let it shape your thoughts, direct your mind, towards a selfless, universal consciousness!



When you give, do so on impulse! Do not think about how much you can afford or how it will affect your finance. Give as if you were blindfolded, as if the wallet you reach into is not yours, but instead is the wallet of the universe. The money you hold in your hand is no more rightfully yours and there is plenty more where it came from! Not only does this difference in giving make a much larger impact on that individual, counting coins while giving will not give your heart the same joy as if you just grabbed on impulse!

If a man asks you for food, give him more than he can eat! You never know if someone else will be so generous as you, and he may starve tomorrow. If a man asks you for water, give him more than he could drink! A sip is likely not enough and you don’t know how long he has been without clean water. You don't know how long still it will be before he tastes it again. If another human is cold or in danger, strive to protect them! For when a soul’s physical life ends, everyone of us feels sadness regardless of whether we knew them personally. We are all connected as pieces of God!

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you " - Friedrich Nietzsche

I am constantly surprised when I meet people that wrathfully lash out at those they perceive as harming or attacking them. Many more find it difficult to live in a world filled with evil people without becoming like them. These people seem afraid of what it means to fight against the social normality imposed on them. They fail to see that their conformity to those same standards of hate and destruction does no good!

These people are living a self-fulfilling prophecy! As they continue to use their cruel behaviour as a shield, they are attracting other cruel individuals to defend themselves against. A horrific display of when one uses the law of attraction against themselves. In all truth, to harm another person is simply to harm yourself, you get no real satisfaction! It is no wonder our arms do not lash out at our legs! They each realize their place amongst the big picture!

Kindness is such a beautiful expression of God's totality! A masterpiece of cosmic relativity! You cannot weigh or measure a kindness, as its worth is relative. To the giver the kindness is without worth, it is as if it were not his to give. To the receiver the kindness is often worth more than anything else, as a true kindness comes at just the right time!

I have come to realize that God uses kindness as a link within mankind as a whole. It is one of the remarkable ways that we, as humans, play our roles in maintaining the universal balance. We can all play our own fantastic part in the cosmic ballet! We can all live as expressions of God! Pay Kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Top